Saturday, May 19, 2012

QUESTIONS_Malebranche,S_ASSIGNMENT2_PART1

Hello Professor Calil, I believe you said, if we had any questions, to post it on the blog.
I’m sorry, I will not be able to make it to class next Saturday, therefore, I have a couple questions regarding Assignment 2 _ Part I :
1.       Should we show door symbols & swing as well?
2.       If so, should each door be a “block” / just like windows?
3.        My 3RD question was: [...Regarding the windows, should each particular window be a separate block or should we make 1 block and edit it each time according to the size of window necessary?. ..]  BUT I just changed a block and it changed all the other copied blocks!  So I assume I’ll make a new window block for each window.
4.       The stair’s thread should be 6”, correct?
5.       Do we need the same amount of steps/stairs as the drawing? Because, even scaled at 30’, the drawing thread looks bigger in depth than 6” , so it looks like there are less steps on the image.
6.       I’m confused as far as why I have an “A_Floor” layer. Aren’t both exterior and interior walls under “A_partitions”?  (Are we drawing a floor pattern or flooring plan, maybe? )
7.       Is it alright if I insert in a “block” from CAD’s Design Center? For the drawing that has the kitchen.
8.       In order to submit the CAD/DWG file to you, should we leave our drawing on top of the image or you want it on the side?
9.       When plotting DWG to PDF at 1/4” scale on an 11” X 17” that is per* floor plans, correct?
Please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thank you!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are a lot of questions! okay, here goes....

    1. where it is relevant, yes. This is something I needed to add last class and was planning to mention in the next. Good observation!

    2. Yes. They will be reused in other drawings as well and become your own "standard" doors. Name them appropriately. ie. Door_30 door a 30" Door, etc.

    3. New block per different Window size. Yes.

    4. 11" thread for the Stairs. 6" Risers if you decide to do the Section.

    5. Read Answer "4."

    6. When there is an open Door to the outside, there is always a step down. That will be your a_floor. Also, in the Window Blocks there are 2 Layers in it. a_win for the window piece and a_floor for the wall you see below it. The block is made. The the Block is Layered in a_win.

    7. absolutely.

    8. Either is fine. I an just checking that it's there and scaled appropriately.

    9. 1/4" = 1'-0", yes. Please call it out as such on the drawing. Ignore the "1:200" scale set in the drawing.

    Please write if you have any more questions!

    ReplyDelete